The Security Challenge
Our Today’s organizations cannot function without a highly reliable email system and most email networks in use today are under constant attack. Internet borne threats, such as spam and viruses, continue to plague organizations while new and more sophisticated dangers like phishing, fraud and confidential data leaks challenge the integrity of the email network. messaging security appliance delivers best-in-class email hygiene, providing multi-layered anti-spam and anti-virus protection at the network edge to block up to 99% of email threats.
- Vulnerability to a constant barrage of spam, viruses, worms, trojan horses, rootkits, spyware, malware, adware, and zombie/botnet attacks
- Limited protection against new (zero-hour) threats
- Complex multi-architectures that are hard to manage and maintain
- Limited protection against phishing schemes, fraud and confidential data leaks
The RazorGate® Solution
CP’s RazorGate® solution is an appliance-based email security gateway that was designed from the ground up to provide unparalleled protection for networks.
RazorGate® appliances seamlessly protect and route email to our Message Server™ or any other third party email server. It combines the industry’s fastest MTA (Mail Transfer Agent) with best-of-breed Anti-Spam, Anti-Virus, and content inspection technologies to achieve catch rates of 99%.
RazorGate® is the most scalable, powerful, and flexible way to prevent threats from entering or leaving your email network. It’s simple design makes it easy to install and manage, keeping resource requirements to a minimum and ensuring the industry’s lowest TCO.
By deploying the RazorGate® solution with our Message Server™ and RazorSafe™ archiving appliances, you are:
- Ensuring the industry’s lowest TCO with plug-and-play RazorGate® installation in minutes and easy management for unparalleled network protection.
- Offering an overall catch rate of 99% of messages scanned using RAPID Anti-Spam and RAPID Anti-Virus, an industry-leading zero-hour virus engine
- Combining the industry’s fastest MTA (Mail Transfer Agent) with best-of-breed Anti-Spam, Anti-Virus and content inspection technologies
- Utilizing the industry’s most scalable, powerful, and flexible email security to prevent threats from entering or leaving the email network
- Blocking up to 80% of threats at the network edge through its unique MailHurdle™ connection management technology
- Providing proven 99.999% reliability with redundant hardware components
- Deploying a transparent unique wiretap capability to end-users
- Employing a hardened Messaging Operating System™ (MOS) optimized for performance and reality
- Integrating mail routing with queue management
RazorGate® Competitive Advantages
With RazorGate®, service providers can deploy a robust value-added service that offers powerful capabilities, including:
- Realizing huge cost savings in email security administration, management and deployment of an Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus appliance
- Trusting 99.999% field proven reliability, equating to less than six minutes of unscheduled downtime per year
- Deploying Multi-Layered Spam Detection with catch-rates of up to 98%; RazorGate® multi-layered security starts with Advanced Reputation Hurdle™, the first layer of protection against the onslaught of botnets, malware and zombie threats
Reputation Hurdle™ analyzes worldwide traffic from 700,000 detection points to determine sender reputations, ensuring that only the good senders get through
Then, MailHurdle™ connection management technology drops up to 80% of spam at the edge before network bandwidth, storage, processor and administration resources are spent
When combined with RAPID Anti-Spam and other protection mechanisms such as DNSBL, RazorGate achieves overall catch-rates upwards of 98%
- Enabling RazorGate’s Innovative End-User Junk Mail Manager, enables users to create and monitor personal quarantine for detected spam, relieving the user’s inbox, and protecting core messaging resources
- Combining Traditional Signature-Based Virus Protection with RazorGate’s RAPID Anti-Virus Engine for Zero-Hour Protection: Viruses are identified within two minutes of an outbreak, providing the most comprehensive protection available
- Filtering Flexible Content to Monitor Inbound and Outbound Message Traffic: Aids in compliance requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPAA, with a flexible filtering action list including archive, silent wiretap, redirect, quarantine, and blocking based on keywords, message attributes, and attachment contents. The quarantine facility allows administrators to inspect messages before deciding if they should be delivered, redirected or rejected
- Combining RazorGate’s Quarantine Queue with Content Filtering and Policy Enforcement Tools: Allows administrators to manage entire inbound and outbound messages and attachments, then decide to approve, reject or redirect the message
- Supporting SSL and TLS Security Protocols: CP has designed the messaging appliance from the ground up with security in mind starting with the hardware.
- Simplifying a Web-Based Management Console: Allowing the administrator to configure the system and monitor operations, while also providing standard remote monitoring tools, including email alerts and SNMP